If you have a high-end motorhome, you can stay at super-luxurious RV resorts when you take to the road. These campgrounds have wonderful amenities but you do have to have a suitable RV to stay in one. They are typically limited to relatively new, large, luxury RVs, and many provide both ownership and rental opportunities.
Eight Luxurious RV Camping Resorts
There are luxury RV resorts in every part of the country. If you own (or rent) an acceptable RV and want to experience luxurious camping at its finest, one of these destinations might be perfect for you!
1. Bella Terra of Gulf Shores (Alabama)
Bella Terra of Gulf Shores is included in the CampingRoadTrip.com list of the "finest, most luxurious RV resorts that money can buy." According to Woodalls.com, Bella Terra is now one of "The Best Parks in America" network. The resort is located in the town of Foley, Alabama, which is just a few miles north of Gulf Shores (and home to fabulous antique shopping and a Tanger Outlets center.)
- You can purchase a lot in this Alabama Gulf Coast RV resort for between $82,000 and $165,00.
- Rental spots typically cost less than $100 per night.
- RVs must be Class-A styles at least 32-feet long, and they can't be more than 15 years old.
Amenities include a zero-depth entry pool, an on-site putting green, a private movie theater, a fitness center and much more. It is beautifully landscaped and is home to a catch-and-release lake and a fenced dog park.
2. The Motorcoach Resort at the Refuge Golf and Country Club (Arizona)
The Motorcoach Resort at the Refuge Golf and Country Club in Lake Havasu City, Arizona is included in CampingRoadTrip.com's list of top luxury RV resorts. It is also listed as one of the top-rated RV parks in the 2015 Good Sam RV Travel & Savings Guide.
- This is not an ownership resort.
- You can enjoy four nights of RV parking and four rounds of golf for around $400.
- RVs must be Class-A or Super-C motorhomes at least 30-feet long and must not be more than 15 years old.
Amenities include a par-72, 18-hole golf course, a swimming pool, a kayak beach, a dog park and more. You can also enjoy on-site spa services and yoga classes. There is an on-site restaurant, clubhouse, and bar that often features entertainment.
3. Desert Shores Luxury Motorcoach Resort (California)
Desert Shores Luxury Motorcoach Resort is located in the town of Indio in Southern California, near Palm Springs. Motorhome Republic describes it as one of the five "most exclusive luxury RV resorts" in the world.
- You can buy a lot here for between $290,000 and $550,000.
- You can lease a spot for between $2,000 and $4,000 per month. Daily or weekend rentals are not available.
- RVs must be Class-A units at least 36-feet long.
Amenities include a swimming pool, spa, huge clubhouse, fitness center, dog park and more. Security is emphasized here, with a gated entrance staffed by a guard and a wall-based security system surrounding the perimeter. The most high-end spots have a villa with a great room, garage, kitchen, bathroom, closet space and more. Some even have private pools and spas.
4. BlueWater Key RV Resort (Florida)
BlueWater Key RV Resort, which is located less than 15 miles north of Key West, is described as one of the top U.S. luxury RV resorts by DoItYourself RV.com and General RV Center. Unlike most luxury resorts, this park is not limited to high-end motor coaches.
- You can purchase a lot here for between $295,000 to just under $1 million.
- Nightly rental rates range from $86 to $180 per night.
- The park accepts travel trailers, fifth wheels and motorhomes 24-feet and longer (though park approval applies). Pop-ups and truck campers are not accepted.
Amenities include a swimming pool, a community dock, a boat launch, a dog park, a park area for human guests and more. Each site has its own tiki hut with outdoor seating. Some sites have private docks, outdoor cooking patio furniture and storage areas and more.
5. Hearthside Grove Motorcoach Resort (Michigan)
Hearthside Grove Motorcoach Resort is the state's "only 5-star luxury motorcoach resort." It is located in located in Petoskey, which is a resort town situated on the shores of Lake Michigan. This resort is rated as 9.6 excellent by camper reviews at RV Park Reviews. Reviewers noted how nice the resort's kitchen was and the friendliness of the staff. Many indicated it was the nicest resort they've ever visited.
- You can purchase a lot here for between $160,000 and $400,000.
- Rental rates vary from $39 to $89 per night.
- RVs must be Class-A and cannot be more than ten years old.
Amenities include a swimming pool, clubhouse with a full-size theater, a business center, a fitness center, various recreational activities and much more. There is also an on-site cafe. Cooking classes with local chefs are also offered at the resort.
6. Mountain Falls Luxury Motorcoach Resort (North Carolina)
Situated in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, Mountain Falls Luxury Motorcoach Resort is described by Yahoo! Travel as an example of one of the "ultra-exclusive RV resorts for the 1 percent." It is also included in General RV Center's list of the top ten most luxurious RV resorts. The resort is in the town of Lake Toxaway near Highlands and Cashiers.
- You can purchase a lot here for between $195,000 and $600,00.
- Nightly rentals are generally under $100 per night, with weekly options ranging from $520 to $590.
- RVs must be Class-A and at least 25-feet long.
Amenities include a heated swimming pool, a spa, a golf course (nine hole, par three) and much more. On-site RV detailing is available during the peak spring and summer season. There is a breathtakingly beautiful waterfall on the grounds of the resort.
7. Hilton Head Island Motorcoach Resort (South Carolina)
South Carolina's Hilton Head Island Motorcoach Resort is included in the Roadtrippers.com list of "five of the poshest, most luxurious RV resorts in America." It is about one mile from the Atlantic Ocean. You can walk to the beach in about 15 minutes.
- Lots can be purchased for between $50,000 and $140,000.
- Nightly rentals cost between $60 and $60 per night. Monthly rentals start at $1,665.
- This destination accepts both Class-A and Class-C motorcoaches.
Amenities include a swimming pool, spa, dog park, tennis courts, paved walking and bicycle paths, a children's playground and much more. The resort is protected by gated access.
8. Polson Motorcoach & RV Resort (Montana)
Polson Motorcoach & RV Resort is "Montana's top rated RV resort" and it's also on the DoItYourself RV.com list of the top luxury RV resorts in the U.S. Located in the town of Polson, the resort is near Glacier National Park. It is limited to Class-A RVs.
- Lots can be purchased between $99,000 and $230, 000. Daily rental rates range from $60 to $120 per night.
- RVs must be Class-A units at least 30-feet long and in "like new condition."
Amenities include a swimming pool, hot tub, mini golf, a fenced dog park, a fitness center and more. The property is professionally landscaped, with views of the Mission Mountains. There are common areas with gas fire pits where guests can enjoy the breathtaking views.
Enjoy a Luxurious Camping Experience
If you are fortunate enough to have an RV that will allow you to spend time at one of these luxurious resorts, count yourself among the very lucky and make your reservations today! If you don't have access to a suitable RV, consider booking a glamping adventure that provides you with a different path to enjoying a super-luxurious camping experience.