When looking for RV resorts, Rio Grande, TX offers several options for individuals to consider. The Rio Grande Valley is a location encompassing four southernmost counties in Texas. The Rio Grande itself is a river that is an international border. The area is a popular getaway because of its ecotourism industry, beautiful scenery and its rich history. It may be an ideal getaway in an RV.
Top RV Resorts Rio Grande TX
The entire area is dotted with various RV resorts. Some are quite spacious and comfortable while others are simple stops along the highways. The following are some of the more popular options in this area.
- Chimney Park RV Resort: Located in Mission, Texas, the Chimney Park RV Resort offers several amenities including a boat ramp and dock, high speed Internet, swimming pools, Jacuzzi spas, full service 30/50 amp hookups, shuffleboard and a billiards room. It is located right on the river. Golf, fishing and tours are available.
- Victoria Palms RV Resort: For those wishing to stop in Donna, Texas, the Victoria Palms RV Resort offers numerous recreational facilities including two spas, a health club, a large pool, an 18 hole golf course, and a historic club house. Restaurants, poolside bar, and local tours and activities make it one of the best choices.
- Seven Oaks RV Park: Seven Oaks RV Park is conveniently located near shopping centers, the Convention Center and numerous restaurants. It offers large lots and an 18 hole golf course.
- Mission Bell RV Resort: Another option in Mission, Texas is Mission Bell RV Resort. This facility is for those 55 and older. It is a luxury campground offering only 358 spaces. It is a quiet, secluded area with amenities such as a 20,000 square foot recreation and dance hall, heated pool and spa, shuffleboard and many indoor and outdoor activities.
These are just a few of the many RV resorts you will find throughout the Rio Grande Valley. They are some of the best because of the many amenities they offer and their proximity to the Rio Grande.
Locating Other RV Resorts
Varieties of other RV resorts are located throughout the region. It is always recommended that you make reservations ahead of time to secure your facility. For those who wish to stop at a facility last minute, there are facilities readily available.U.S. Highway 83 is the main thoroughfare through the Rio Grande Valley. It will take you through Starr County into Mission, McAllen, Weslaco, Harlingen, Brownsville and several small communities. Along U.S. Highway 83, there are several RV resorts to stop in at. This is perhaps the best route through the region since it is within just 10 miles of the Mexican border and the Rio Grande River.
Another option is to take U.S. Highway 281 which runs from San Antonio past Edinburg. Some of the views along this route are fantastic. Take Business 281 through Pharr and Edinburg to the end where it stops at the Rio Grande and then "T's" off at Military Highway. This road runs parallel to the river the whole way through the region and is a fantastic choice for scenery. You will find some RV resorts off U.S. Highway 281, though there are more located off U.S. Highway 83.
Additional RV Resorts
To find additional RV Resorts, Rio Grande, TX area, visit these websites.
- Visit the Rio Grande Valley Partnership website, which serves as a Chamber of Commerce for the region.
- The Alamo Chamber of Commerce is another option. You can also call directly at (956) 787-2117, or stop by at 130 S. 8th Street, Alamo, Texas.
- The Brownsville Chamber of Commerce offers help to visitors. It is also a good place for finding out what is happening locally.